Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX, Is possible to remove a object in the background while someone is moving in front of it?

I want to remove a wall outlet from a video, but the subject walks in front of the outlet a couple of times. I tried using SliceX object remove but each time the subject walks pass the outline, it walks behind the mask where it exposes the object removal shape. Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 7:29 PM

When something blocks an object you're tracking the technical term is "Occlusion" and the Coremelt tools can handle that.

Here's a tutorial that goes over when you loose track on an object and how to recover it when one object gets in front of what you're tracking.

Motion Tracking & Screen Inserts in FCPX - TrackX powered by mocha on Vimeo

it's in the section where they are tracking the race cars.

Let me know if that helps.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2018 7:29 PM in response to nacerfrombrooklyn

When something blocks an object you're tracking the technical term is "Occlusion" and the Coremelt tools can handle that.

Here's a tutorial that goes over when you loose track on an object and how to recover it when one object gets in front of what you're tracking.

Motion Tracking & Screen Inserts in FCPX - TrackX powered by mocha on Vimeo

it's in the section where they are tracking the race cars.

Let me know if that helps.

FCPX, Is possible to remove a object in the background while someone is moving in front of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.