Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

v.12.9 in Windows 10 ejects CD when exiting

Hello:

Today I upgraded iTunes for Windows from v.12.8 to 12.9.

iTunes now ejects the CD in my PC every time I exit the program. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Versions 12.8 and older never ejected a CD unless told to via user command. Which is the way it should function.

I checked all the settings in the user interface for iTunes and didn't see where I could change the CD drive's behavior.

I tried repairing the update via Windows Remove and Add Programs. The repair option did not change the behavior of the CD drive.

Fortunately I backup my PC weekly and I have recovered my PC from my last backup (yesterday).

I am once again running v.12.8 with no apparent problems.

How do I correct this issue? Has anyone else had this problem?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Tom

iPhone 5s, iOS 12.0.1, Windows 10 iTunes

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 5:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I took your suggestion and used the online Feedback - iTunes - Apple for iTunes. Hopefully we will get a response.

For now I am going to stay with version 12.8. Ninety percent of the time when I use iTunes I use it for transferring photos from my iPhone to my Windows PC. The other ten percent is to listen to music on my CDs.

What makes this particularly annoying is that my PC has a door that covers the entire front of the PC. So yesterday when I exited iTunes I heard this clunking sound come from my PC, it was the CD drive trying to open with the PC door closed - not good.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2018 5:21 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the feedback. I took your suggestion and used the online Feedback - iTunes - Apple for iTunes. Hopefully we will get a response.

For now I am going to stay with version 12.8. Ninety percent of the time when I use iTunes I use it for transferring photos from my iPhone to my Windows PC. The other ten percent is to listen to music on my CDs.

What makes this particularly annoying is that my PC has a door that covers the entire front of the PC. So yesterday when I exited iTunes I heard this clunking sound come from my PC, it was the CD drive trying to open with the PC door closed - not good.

Oct 15, 2018 5:25 AM in response to tom5319

I am having the same issue. Upon, closing Itunes (Version 12.9) the disc tray opens. It never did this before. I have checked all settings in Itunes, and there is no option to correct this issue. I'm thinking the fix will have to come from Apple themselves, unless someone else figures it out before hand. I'll be following the thread here to see if a solution appears.

v.12.9 in Windows 10 ejects CD when exiting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.