Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro x with Kurzweil sp-4 as midi controller

Hi

I am trying to use my kurzweil stage piano sp4 8 as a midi controller connected by usb to logic x through my MacBook pro...

I cannot seem to see any communication either via midi or audio. Any suggestions please?

Pete

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 1:24 PM

User uploaded file

10 replies

Oct 15, 2018 11:49 AM in response to petewhitefang

Pete, you could check the "Click & Ports" layer in the Environment (press Command+0 to open Environment, then navigate to the layer in the upper left corner of the Environment window). Please make a screenshot of the Click & Ports window and post here.

Other things you may check: USB cable connections, settings on the SP-4 (especially the MIDI channel it transmits data on).

Oct 15, 2018 3:02 PM in response to petewhitefang

No worries, Pete. What do you see in Input View when you press a key on the SP-4? Does it display the incoming notes?

There is no issue with the virtual cable connections and your keyboard is recognized as a physical MIDI input in the Environment. So, it should work.

The next thing I'd check is what kind of track have you loaded in Logic. MIDI keyboard just sends data, which then triggers a sound source (e.g. a software instrument, such as a EXS24 sampler, or Alchemy synth). So for this to work, you need a Software Instrument track with an instrument plugin loaded. Could you make a screenshot of the Logic window to show what kind of instrument you're trying to play with SP-4 as a MIDI controller?

logic pro x with Kurzweil sp-4 as midi controller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.