Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud for windows with Windows 10 1809 is not working!

Installing icloud for windows is not working on the new 1809 version of Windows 10

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 9:50 AM

10 replies

Oct 16, 2018 3:04 PM in response to Frenske2002

Hi, Frenske2002!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you're trying to install iCloud for Windows, but are having some trouble. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend going through the steps outlined in Get help using iCloud for Windows - Apple Support to troubleshoot. Make sure to use the "Try these steps first" section first, then move on to the section most applicable to your situation.

Cheers!

Nov 15, 2018 3:09 PM in response to Frenske2002

See this thread: iCloud won't install on Windows 1809 October 2018 Update?

Normally, registry hacks are not my cup of tea.

Also, I spoke to Apple Support. Very nice people, but not very helpful. They are (now) aware of the problem, but don't yet have a solution.

What they need to do is update the iCloud install program so it works with newer versions of Windows. I'm due for an upgrade and I love my iPhone, but at this point, if it won't sync my contacts and calendars, I might as well have an Android 👿 phone. 😟

Oct 17, 2018 11:53 PM in response to chris_g1

Hello Chris, the steps show will not help with this problem due to it being caused by the October Update for Windows 10, some users experienced problems with the update which made Microsoft roll back the update, many users such as myself have Windows 10 version 1809 running with no problems.

When you try to install iCloud you get a message that it needs a previous version of Windows which means that people who have Windows 10 1809 running with no problems cannot use iCloud for Windows as it doesn't support this update, will an updated version of iCloud be released soon to counter this problem.

I use iCloud to sync my Contacts and Calendar with Microsoft Outlook which at the moment is not possible.

Oct 19, 2018 1:01 AM in response to Frenske2002

I have this exact problem with my Windows 10 version 1809 OS Built 17763.55, I'm trying to download my photos from iCloud as my 5GB is full and I want to free some space up. I haven't had iCloud installed on my laptop and I just tried to install iCloud v7.7.0.27 for windows and it tells me that iCloud is only compatible with the windows 10 April 2018 cumulative updates, which is the previous v1803. Well this was waist of time lol we will have to wait for Apple or Microsoft?

Nov 12, 2018 5:39 AM in response to Frenske2002

Any update on this? It's quite a drag that I don't have the iCloud add-in on my Outlook since this concern has happened. It was really useful, in fairness of Apple creating a solution for Windows users. However for us that has gone dependent on this bridge, are there plans or commitments to fix this (perhaps any Windows-related concern support is of the lesser priorities now), or we only have a choice to roll back to previous Windows update? Help!

Nov 17, 2018 2:19 PM in response to Lapu-Lapu

Hello Lapu-Lapu,

Yes!! It is happening. My name is Vicente and I am from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I realized that back in October 7th when the October update for Windows 10 was automatically installed. On that same day my iPhone stopped syncing with Outlook 365 (Outlook 2016). And the ONLY reason I use a computer is exactly to make notes on my Calendar and Contacts and have them immediately posted to my iPhone via iCloud for Windows!!

So I first tried to log off the session and get back on. Same problem. So, I decided to reinstall iCloud for Windows and the famous message “iCloud for Windows is only available for Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 (April 2018 Update and earlier…) and I was never able to use that again. I reported all of that to Apple Brazilian Support Department and the promised me to send that info to the appropriate department. 30 something days now….

icloud for windows with Windows 10 1809 is not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.