Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with shading behind font

I am trying to create a simple table in Pages. I want the header column and row but I am having a hard time eliminating shading behind letters that I type. You will see some rows have no problem (row 2 not a problem). But when I type in row 4 bad crap. I tried going into CHARACTER STYLES and say "None" but that does not work. Is there a way to fix this? Is this something to do with character styles? Is there a way to change to NO STYLE. All I want is a simple table. I want to spend more time in generating the analysis for the table instead of Pages wrapping me around it's complexities. Thanks in advance.

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2018 8:19 PM

Sorry my mistake, doing things from memory, which I should by now know not to do.

There is transparency in uncolored cells, but Pages 5, 6 ,7 (which you appear to using) do not have shadows on Tables, unlike previous versions.

On closer examination what you have is white Text Background (highlight) under your text, probably from when you copied this from somewhere else.

Turn it off here:

User uploaded file

You can apply Styles to text in Tables, as anywhere in Pages, to maintain consistency and you can force it onto text, erasing other formatting, by double clicking the Style name when you have the text selected.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2018 8:19 PM in response to MD_Gene

Sorry my mistake, doing things from memory, which I should by now know not to do.

There is transparency in uncolored cells, but Pages 5, 6 ,7 (which you appear to using) do not have shadows on Tables, unlike previous versions.

On closer examination what you have is white Text Background (highlight) under your text, probably from when you copied this from somewhere else.

Turn it off here:

User uploaded file

You can apply Styles to text in Tables, as anywhere in Pages, to maintain consistency and you can force it onto text, erasing other formatting, by double clicking the Style name when you have the text selected.

Problems with shading behind font

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.