Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What will happen if I cancel Apple Music?

I am considering switching to Spotify premium since no one I know uses Apple Music. I’ve heard that any music I download with Apple Music will be unavailable to me until I resubscribe. Is there any way I could maybe keep my music? Perhaps there’s a way I can migrate my music to Spotify or something? Or will I have to resort to finding every song again on Spotify and adding it all to a playlist there? Also, will my music also be deleted on my computer or can I keep it on there?

null-OTHER, Windows 10, iTunes 12.7.3.46

Posted on Oct 18, 2018 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2018 9:12 AM

Any songs downloaded from the Apple Music subscription service, will stop being available and removed from all devices once the subscription is cancelled. You do not own these songs, and they cannot be transferred to Spotify.

If you have songs you bought directly from iTunes, or imported to iTunes from somewhere else, those will not be removed from your computer.

Spotify, can only play its own tracks. It has no access the Music App's library.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2018 9:12 AM in response to NotTheRealCIA

Any songs downloaded from the Apple Music subscription service, will stop being available and removed from all devices once the subscription is cancelled. You do not own these songs, and they cannot be transferred to Spotify.

If you have songs you bought directly from iTunes, or imported to iTunes from somewhere else, those will not be removed from your computer.

Spotify, can only play its own tracks. It has no access the Music App's library.

What will happen if I cancel Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.