Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reduce "other" size on iPhone 6S?

Hi everyone,

Currently, I'm enjoying a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features in iOS 12 but I'm curious about the system size on my iPhone 6S.

I can't seem to reduce it without factory reset and I'd like to avoid it.

It takes almost 34Gb on a 64Gb phone and I think that something went wrong with it.

I tried to download several movies in Videos app as it helped me to free space in iOS 11 but it seems to me Apple closed that loop in iOS 12.

I thought of back-uping my phone but I couldn't do it as on my Macbook Pro I run 10.10.5 Yosemite MacOS due to the use of specific version of Avid Pro Tools that doesn't work stable on later MacOS releases.

So, can anyone help me find the available options for me? How can I free up space?

Or am I stuck with uploading photos to paid iCloud account as my phone suggests? 🙂

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 19, 2018 5:07 AM

4 replies

How to reduce "other" size on iPhone 6S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.