Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't import photos from iphone

This has been a problem for awhile. I have tried photos app with iphone connect to macbook pro and import is greyed out. I've tried Image Capture and it sees nothing. I've got Itunes open. Not sure what else to do.

Macbook pro. OS High Sierra 10.13.6

I need to get the photos off my phone as I can't do the iphone update as there is no space. Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Oct 19, 2018 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 5:43 AM

Hello ​originale.

I understand how important it is to protect your photos and make sure that they are safely stored. Let's get your iPhone up-to-date and then try importing your photos again. This guide will give you some options to make space without deleting any photos:

If you need more space for an iOS update

Cheers.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2018 5:43 AM in response to originale

Hello ​originale.

I understand how important it is to protect your photos and make sure that they are safely stored. Let's get your iPhone up-to-date and then try importing your photos again. This guide will give you some options to make space without deleting any photos:

Cheers.

Oct 27, 2018 5:39 AM in response to originale

Hello originale.

You will need to free up some space on your iPhone before attempting the update again. Follow these steps to do that:

Delete content manually

You can check your storage to see how much space your apps use and delete the ones that you don't need. You can download your purchased apps or other content again later.

1. Go to Settings > General > [device] Storage.
  2. Select any app to see how much space it uses.
  3. Tap Delete App. Some apps, such as Music and Videos, let you delete parts of their documents and data.
  4. Install the iOS update again. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.

User uploaded file

Manage space with recommendations

In iOS 11 and later, you can get tips for how to save space and how to offload or delete apps and content that you don't need. You can download your purchased apps or other content again later.

1. Go to Settings > General > [device] Storage.
  2. Scroll to the Recommendations section to see tips.
    User uploaded file

See the full article here:
Have a great day.

Oct 20, 2018 8:37 AM in response to originale

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, originale.
If I understand your post correctly, you need to import photos from your iPhone to your MacBook Pro but the option is greyed out. Being able to preserve and store your photos is very important. I'd like to help.
Try the steps in this article:
If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Oct 20, 2018 5:18 PM in response to CarlosP1228

Thanks. I had read that article before posting. As I mentioned, I can't import with image capture either. When I go to photos on my Mac, my photos aren't there so they haven't auto imported. So I'm stuck if you have any other ideas.

BTW- I can't update the software on my iphone because I have I don't have enough room on my phone which is why I am trying to get the pics off.

I can't import photos from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.