Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft office 2008 won't work with Mojave

Ever since I upgraded none of the Microsoft office programs I have to use work. If I try to print it shuts down the application and gives an error code. It will allow me to open old word/excel documents in either pages or numbers and print that way. Today when trying to convert a file from my accounting program (which requires I use Microsoft) to excel I get this error message: Not authorized to send Apple events to Finder. (-1743)

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 19, 2018 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2018 12:54 PM

Microsoft only made one initial release to make Office 2011 compatible with High Sierra. That was shortly after HS came out. Later point releases made it less compatible. So it's no surprise at all that a 10 year old piece of software doesn't work in Mojave.

On top of that, Office 2008 is 32 bit software. Mojave only partly supports 32 bit apps. They may work, they may not. The OS that comes after Mojave will be 64 bit only. No 32 bit apps will work at all.

Time to upgrade. You can get the Home Edition of Office 2019 for $160. If you need Outlook, then it'll be $260 for the Home/Business version.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2018 12:54 PM in response to julianoair

Microsoft only made one initial release to make Office 2011 compatible with High Sierra. That was shortly after HS came out. Later point releases made it less compatible. So it's no surprise at all that a 10 year old piece of software doesn't work in Mojave.

On top of that, Office 2008 is 32 bit software. Mojave only partly supports 32 bit apps. They may work, they may not. The OS that comes after Mojave will be 64 bit only. No 32 bit apps will work at all.

Time to upgrade. You can get the Home Edition of Office 2019 for $160. If you need Outlook, then it'll be $260 for the Home/Business version.

Microsoft office 2008 won't work with Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.