Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 4 Mail and Text Notifications Not Working

Email and text notifications on my Apple Watch 4 have been maddening. Sometimes they work mostly they don’t and they never show up in Notification Center. My Series 3 watch works perfectly.

I’ve tried all kinds of phone and watch notification settings and nothing has worked.

Seriously considering returning the 4 at this point. Any help is appreciated as notifications are critical for me.

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 12:45 PM

Solved with Workaround:

If you have multiple emails or calendars set up on your phone (i.e. a Gmail account and an iCloud account) this can be fixed with a pretty easy work around.

What you have to do is allow notifications on ALL email accounts and calendars on your phone or you won’t be able to get notifications for your main email/calendar account. You might get alerts on the watch face but you won’t be able to get the red dot Notification Center notifications unless every email account or calendar is set up to receive notifications/alerts.

I’ve found that enabling just the banners notification on the other email accounts and calendars is enough to get Notification Center to work again. You can also set the sounds and vibration to “none” on the other accounts you don’t use to limit their “noise”.

Hope this helps you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2018 12:45 PM in response to Sdeaton66

Solved with Workaround:

If you have multiple emails or calendars set up on your phone (i.e. a Gmail account and an iCloud account) this can be fixed with a pretty easy work around.

What you have to do is allow notifications on ALL email accounts and calendars on your phone or you won’t be able to get notifications for your main email/calendar account. You might get alerts on the watch face but you won’t be able to get the red dot Notification Center notifications unless every email account or calendar is set up to receive notifications/alerts.

I’ve found that enabling just the banners notification on the other email accounts and calendars is enough to get Notification Center to work again. You can also set the sounds and vibration to “none” on the other accounts you don’t use to limit their “noise”.

Hope this helps you.

Apple Watch 4 Mail and Text Notifications Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.