Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Walkie Talkie Status Icon?

After having used for the first time Walkie Talkie, I am noticing that every time my Apple Watch 4 is awaked, there is a Walkie-Talkie Status Icon popup on the top of the watch screen.

This behaviour stops if I select "Not available" from the Walkie Talkie App.

What does that Icon mean? If I accept to be available for Walkie Talkie talks, may I expect to have that icon there forever?

Finally, is Walkie Talkie app on stby draining more battery than the others?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 8:54 AM

That is correct. If you have marked yourself as available, the walkie-talkie app icon will appear when you wake up the watch face, but should then disappear after a few seconds. It will not appear if you have set yourself as Not Available.

The purpose of the icon is just to let you know that you have set yourself as Available. The app is not draining more battery on the Watch. I've had mine this way for a while and have not experienced any changes in my battery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2018 8:54 AM in response to Jet787

That is correct. If you have marked yourself as available, the walkie-talkie app icon will appear when you wake up the watch face, but should then disappear after a few seconds. It will not appear if you have set yourself as Not Available.

The purpose of the icon is just to let you know that you have set yourself as Available. The app is not draining more battery on the Watch. I've had mine this way for a while and have not experienced any changes in my battery.

Apple Watch Walkie Talkie Status Icon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.