Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Korean iPhone 6s Plus with Verizon issues

I tried to switch my Korean iPhone to Verizon but it seems to have failed. They tested my phone by putting in a Verizon SIM card and it initially worked. However, once they activated the SIM card it stopped working. I would be connected to the Verizon network for a few seconds but then it would go back to saying I have no service but Verizon would still be recognized on the phone. For example, if I press the About page in settings, it would say my carrier is Verizon or if I went to the Cellular page, things like Carrier service, Wifi-Calling and SIM PIN would appear. Carrier Network will disappear and reappear.

My question is, Is there something programmed into the Korean iPhone that automatically rejects foreign carriers? Or is there a step the the associate at the Verizon store missed?

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 10:19 PM

3 replies

Oct 22, 2018 8:03 AM in response to edemps92

Hello edemps92,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are using your iPhone you purchased in Korea with Verizon in the US but it is not working as expected. For a situation like this make sure that all the steps from the following article have been followed:

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Oct 22, 2018 11:18 AM in response to edemps92

With the Verizon SIM installed in the iPhone, restore it to factory, and set up as new. If it passes the activation phase, and you do not get a SIM not supported error, then it should work. If you get the SIM not supported error, then the phone is not unlocked. Also, Verizon should be able to let you know if the particular model number that you have is supported on their network. Not all will be, especially if you are in a Verizon legacy location, which is CDMA, versus LTE. Verizon will have to answer those questions for you, but they should be able to tell if that model will work in the US, so long as you tell them that you purchased the phone in Korea.

Korean iPhone 6s Plus with Verizon issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.