📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car play works for a minute than phone disconnects

After plugging in my new iPhone X and connecting to CarPlay, music will play for about a minute and then disconnects. After reconnecting, the same thing happens.

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 10:03 AM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2018 12:29 PM in response to DaveAll

Greetings DaveAll,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand your iPhone disconnects from CarPlay via USB playback with your car stereo.

The following support article provides troubleshooting suggestions for when help is needed with connecting to a car stereo: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car

Specifically, let's have you review the following section:

If you connect using USB playback

1. Restart your device and your car.
  2. Make sure that your device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  3. If possible, try to connect using another cable or USB port. Check your car owner's manual to learn how to connect an Apple device.
  4. Check your charging port for any debris or damage. Make sure that your charging cable is inserted fully into the port.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

Car play works for a minute than phone disconnects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.