Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 pro max won't play music through carplay

I am able to connect my phone to the carplay, but it won't play music. Every time I press the play button, my car screen will turn into black screen and no sound come out. This happens in all music app (apple music, spotify etc.), even play a youtube video.

My car is Audi Q5

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 5:48 PM

12 replies

Sep 27, 2021 3:11 PM in response to Bananabang

Hello Bannanabang,

It sounds like CarPlay isn't working as expected. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

This article may be able to help: If you need help with CarPlay

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? How are you connecting to CarPlay? Also, does Carplay work when you connect your iPhone to any other cars?

Cheers!

Sep 27, 2021 4:58 PM in response to judysings

Hi,

Thanks your respond. I checked and tried everything in the link your provided, and nothing is helping.

I connect my phone to CarPlay through a original Apple USB cable. I still have my old iPhone which I haven't update it to iOS 15 (it is still in iOS14 latest version), and it works perfectly.

I can connect and activate my new phone which is 13 Pro Max to the CarPlay, and can use the Apple Map and GPS navigation without any problem. However, every time I tried to play a music, it will get black screen immediately, after a few seconds the CarPlay will rebot/reconnect and back to home screen. I've never successfully paly a song in the CarPlay with the new iPhone 13.

I only have one car that has Apple CarPlay feature, so I can't check it with other cars.

I am guessing maybe there are some audio playback bugs or compatible issue on the iOS 15 CarPlay right now. Hope Apple can investigate it.

Sep 30, 2021 7:34 AM in response to Bananabang

Similar issue for me, but my problem is that CarPlay does not work AT ALL. No features are functional in any way.

I’m using a 13 Pro, running iOS 15 (not the Beta 15.1). I connect to my 2020 Mercedes C300 with an Apple certified USB cable. I’ve tried all the fixes suggest in this and other threads. I have even contacted Mercedes, while tell me this is an Apple issue. Frustrating!!

iPhone 13 pro max won't play music through carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.