Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.9 Not Letting Me Update Song Info

I have noticed that since the release of iOS 12, iTunes has not let me edit any song info. I'm trying to import all my CDs into iTunes and use my iTunes Music Cloud to listen to more music.

Every time I go into the song info and edit the name of the song, artist, track number or add an album cover; after clicking the "OK" button, none of the edits I did were saved and reverts to whatever info it had previously.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix for this?

Regards,

RaRa

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 12:59 PM

Make sure that your profile has full read and write permissions to the iTunes folder and all subfolders. Use Get Info on the iTunes folder in Finder. Click the lock at the bottom right to make changes. Make sure that Locked isn't ticked and that your own account has Read & Write access, then use the gear icon to Apply to enclosed items and confirm.

User uploaded file

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2018 12:59 PM in response to rodneyrara

Make sure that your profile has full read and write permissions to the iTunes folder and all subfolders. Use Get Info on the iTunes folder in Finder. Click the lock at the bottom right to make changes. Make sure that Locked isn't ticked and that your own account has Read & Write access, then use the gear icon to Apply to enclosed items and confirm.

User uploaded file

tt2

iTunes 12.9 Not Letting Me Update Song Info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.