Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Dominion” Wants to Use “facebook.com” to Sign In

I have a puzzling pop up on my iPhone (but not my iPad) that appears when I open a game app called Galaxy On Fire Alliances (GOFA) that says:

“Dominion” Wants to Use “Facebook.com” to Sign In

This allows the app and website to share information about you.

Cancel | Continue

- This multi player online game it’s self does not require a log on. I always click Cancel and the pop up. Disappears with the app opeing normally. Not a major inconvenience but I shouldn’t have to see this pop up and respond every time I open the game and am suspicious of this pop up asking to use my FB log on.

- The developer of GOFA (Deep Silver Fish Labs) has repeatedly and emphatically denied that their app is requesting this information and there are no settings in the game app related to “Dominion” or “FB”.

- I checked every setting on my FB account and there is no mention of, recorded activity for or permissions for either this “Dominion” entity, GOFA or Deep Silver Fish Labs anywhere for my FB account. I had previously disabled any linking of my FB account to any online games or third party FB apps around the time I opened my FB account. With FB’s recent run of privacy issues I am very suspicious of an unknown and unnecessary pop up requesting to “sign in” with my FB account.

- I’m pretty darn sure that I have checked every option under my iPhone Settings menu that is related to this GOFA app or for any mention of “Dominion” which I assume is some kind of third party not directly related to either GOFA or FB. Extensive Google searches for terms used in the pop up and “iOS” did indicate there was a board game called Dominion that two or more developers attempted to adapt to an iOS app but nothing related to my issue. I had never heard of it before nor did I install this game at any point in time.

- The reasons I originally suspected that this pop up behavior was specifically generated by the app are;

1. This pop up ONLY appears when I open this particular app (I have two other apps by the same developer that do not do this).

2. This behavior began shortly after accepting an “opportunity” to earn some free in game credits for GOFA related to doing something FB related to the game (Like the game, join the FB GOFA community or ?) but it has been so long ago I don’t recall the details.

This extremely puzzling since it only happens on my iPhone and not my iPad which is why I am posting this question under iPhone but it may belong in another category IDK?

I have tried signing out of FB, deleting the GOFA app, restarting my phone and reinstalling GOFA without signing into FB first but it didn’t resolve the issue.

Has anyone run into or heard of anything similar to a pop up requesting to sign into a game (that doesn’t require a sign in) using your FB account - OR - heard of a third party developer or malware called “Dominion”?

If you made it this far thank you for reading even if you don’t have an answer. I just find it disturbing that this pop up shows up every time I open the game asking if I want to use my FB account to sign in... one of these days I could mistakenly hit Continue instead of Cancel

User uploaded file

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 1:33 PM

I suspect we can't do anything for you, except suggesting that you inform GOFA (already done, to no apparent avail) AND Facebook's support team.

I think that those two developer / support teams are the only who can give you an appropriate answer.

Sorry about that.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies

Oct 21, 2018 1:32 PM in response to Scooter B

Hello, Scooter B. They probably want to know more about you for marketing or ads, but it is still strange. I wouldn't use a personal account to sign in, though.

The app itself seems to be suspicious, and it gets even stranger when it happens only on your iPhone. You should ring Apple Support and tell them about it, they may know more than any of us about it.

Support number for Apple >>> +1 (800) 275-2273

That's the one I just used to call regarding a refund.

“Dominion” Wants to Use “facebook.com” to Sign In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.