Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone alarm sometimes doesn't ring - iphone 7 ios 12.0.1

I have a lot of alarms configured, but always turn on only one. In the morning when I suddenly wake up(not with alarm) the screen always show that the alarm is ringing but without sound.

Even though the issue gets resolved for a day or two after a restart, but it shouldn't happen.

This has broken my trust in iphone's and always make me think to buy an android instead.

Iphone 7

Ios 12.0.1 (latest)

If its still happening in the latest release, it's a shame.

itunes-OTHER, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 6:34 PM

Note - ringer volume - full

Alarm sound already selected.

*Sometimes work sometimes not

Similar questions

7 replies

Nov 4, 2018 10:57 AM in response to City023

Try updating to iOS 12.1 (which is the latest) and restart your phone. * you mention you are on 12.0.1 which is previous)

While your ringer being on or off doesn't impact your alarm, ringer volume settings will affect it. If kept on the lowest ringer setting, the alarm may not be loud enough.

"Alarms match the volume you set for your ringer," Apple notes on its support website. "If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it.

You can also go to Settings > Sounds to adjust the volume."

Also, try setting an alarm to go off in minutes. Watch the phone and see if it does the same thing.

How to set and manage alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 21, 2018 6:45 PM in response to deepugagan89

Also, check this...if everything else doesn’t help.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207512

• Set the volume on your iPhone. If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringers And Alerts.
  • If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.

Iphone alarm sometimes doesn't ring - iphone 7 ios 12.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.