Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem deleting songs from itunes media folder

I am on an iMac 10.13.6, using itunes 12.8.0.150. My library is on an external elements drive

The path I have set up in advanced settings for iTunes Media Folder Location is /Volumes/Elements/iTunes 1/iTunes Media.

When I go to delete songs from itunes I get the attached message. When I click Delete Song, I no longer get the message about “do you want to save the files or delete them from the media folder” or whatever it used to say. It just deletes the song from itunes. When I go into Elements, the songs are still in the Music folder in the Media folder, and I need to drag them into the trash.

Anyone know why the old option no longer displays?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Oct 22, 2018 12:47 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 23, 2018 10:45 AM in response to imnokid

Does iTunes know for certain that the path for the file in question is somewhere inside /Volumes/Elements/iTunes 1/iTunes Media? If you've been manipulating the library it might still find the file when needed, but could be remembering it in a different location until it checks. Could there be a permissions issue where iTunes might not have rights to delete the file?

tt2

Problem deleting songs from itunes media folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.