Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie wont connect to facebook...

Why wont iMovie connect to facebook even with the correct login and password (yes ive checked) yet it used to before i updated to this mojave OS...

iMovie '11, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 6:58 PM

New project doesnt work either, in fact I can't even reshare projects I have shared in the past... Facebook are like pulling teeth out to deal with, Id rather go bang my head on a wall sadly they make it that hard.

Cheers, I'll close this stream as there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to make it work as facebook just ignore my complaints (its been 4 days of waiting for nothing to happen so far), just not use the program til somebody updates something and try again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2018 6:58 PM in response to Rich839

New project doesnt work either, in fact I can't even reshare projects I have shared in the past... Facebook are like pulling teeth out to deal with, Id rather go bang my head on a wall sadly they make it that hard.

Cheers, I'll close this stream as there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to make it work as facebook just ignore my complaints (its been 4 days of waiting for nothing to happen so far), just not use the program til somebody updates something and try again.

Oct 23, 2018 11:49 AM in response to qldgirlontheloose

Hi,

It could be that some preferences got corrupted when you upgraded to Mojave. Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to go to your projects. See if that solves it.

If not, instead of uploading to Facebook directly from iMovie, try sharing your movie to your desktop and uploading to Facebook from there.

-- Rich

Oct 23, 2018 6:27 PM in response to Rich839

Made no difference... This used to work straight from there but simply refuses to accept my password and login ID...

I've recreated the project in a real program because I needed it done yesterday, but I as hoping for quick easy imovie projects I could email to my client and they could change the text and export straight to facebook without needing me to make small changes or to pay subscription to adobe or use my login to adobe to change a word or product price.

I guess this feature no longer works on this app and as you said I'll have to upload direct from the desktop which means I have to do all the changes myself remotely and cant just send them the elements needed to whack their promotions together themselves which is not ideal... you dont want your customers doing the job then charging them for it.... or I have to remote control their computer which means they cannot use the computer while i'm remote controlling and I have to call to get teamviewer codes etc... very messy and ******** when this feature used to just WORK.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Oct 23, 2018 6:43 PM in response to qldgirlontheloose

Sorry you are having this trouble. Must be frustrating, for sure. However, I would not conclude that the iMovie uploading feature to FaceBook does not work. You are just having trouble with it for some reason. I have not noticed any recent reports of FaceBook upload issues, although there might be some. It could be FaceBook's problem as to why your password and login ID aren't working. Sometimes third party apps make changes in their uploaders. You might want to check with FaceBook support to see if they can lend any help.

Meanwhile, you could try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of your project media, and then Edit/Paste it into a new project. Then see if the new project will upload to FaceBook.

-- Rich

Nov 1, 2018 11:17 AM in response to qldgirlontheloose

I've encountered the same issue with iMovie not uploading to Facebook.

I am repeatedly getting this error "Invalid OAuth access token signature. (190)" My Facebook credentials are correct. I have been able to post videos from iMovie to Facebook in the past. The only difference is that my machine is running Mojave 10.14 now.

2015 Macbook Pro 2.5 Ghz, 16GB RAM 1600MHZ, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Please keep the thread open until a resolution is found.

Imovie wont connect to facebook...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.