Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing Malwarebytes from MacBook Air

I made the mistake of installing the MALWAREBYTES trail version on my MacBook Air. Now the trial is over and they want me to purchase and I cannot get it off my Computer. I deleted the two visible application files from the application list and attempted to terminate the active process using the activity monitor and restarted my IOS but it continually reappears. There are obviously unlabeled files. How do I get this off my computer?

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 2:37 PM

No rebuke was meant, I just wanted to ensure you knew that this is not a one-off that just applies to Malwarebytes. It applies to more Mac software than it doesn't apply to.

As for how to remove it, see the link that I posted.

4 replies

Oct 23, 2018 11:09 AM in response to Reid865

First, you are not obligated to purchase. It provides free manual scanning & removal of threats forever. Only active protection is limited to either trial or Premium.

Second, dragging applications to the trash is NEVER the right way to remove software that required an installer, and it's often not the right way to remove software that didn't require an installer. See the following for proper removal information:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/225121-how-to-uninstall-malwarebytes/

Removing Malwarebytes from MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.