Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 won't connect to my Mac even though I have the latest OS installed on both devices

I recently updated my iPhone 8 to iOS 12.0.1 . When I tried to sync my iPhone with iTunes, a prompt popped up saying "A software update is required to connect to iTunes". I found out that I needed the latest version of iTunes to work with iOS 12.0.1 (i was running macOS High Sierra at that time).

After I updated my Mac to macOS Mojave 10.14 and had the latest iTunes installed, I assumed my iPhone would now connect to iTuned. However, the "A software update is required to connect to iTunes" still appeared even though I had the latest stable version of macOS, iOS and iTunes. I clicked on the download button but after 1 minute, the prompt box said that the installation failed because the software is not currently available from the Software Update Server.

My iPhone wont connect at all except for a very few number of times it randomly decided to show up on iTunes after remaining connected to my Mac for 10 minutes.

I'm looking for a solution to this problem as it is extremely annoying.

MacBook Air, macOS Mojave (10.14), null

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 6:38 AM

1 reply

iPhone 8 won't connect to my Mac even though I have the latest OS installed on both devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.