Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect iphone to itunes

I am running the lates software on my mac (majove) However when i connect my iphone 8 (also running the lates software) I am informed that my mac needs a software update to connect to the devise. Even if i click install I get the installation failed for it is unavailable from the update server message.

If i open the news app or the mail app or ect on my phone while it is connected to my mac I see it in the bottom left hand corner (from iphone area) so i know my iphone is connected to my mac but its not being able to get to itunes.

Please help.. I even tried to uninstall and install itunes but its bundled in with the latest ios

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 1:17 PM

Use the Lightning or USB-3 cable provided with your phone to connect the phone to your computer. Open iTunes. On the left in the toolbar should appear a small icon of a phone. Click on it. You should now see on the right a large button at the top that says Restore. Click on it and follow directions. To restore the device you must first disable Find My Phone if it's turned on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2019 1:17 PM in response to saadali194

Use the Lightning or USB-3 cable provided with your phone to connect the phone to your computer. Open iTunes. On the left in the toolbar should appear a small icon of a phone. Click on it. You should now see on the right a large button at the top that says Restore. Click on it and follow directions. To restore the device you must first disable Find My Phone if it's turned on.

cannot connect iphone to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.