Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes 12.8.0 won't play music videos

Running Sierra 10.12.6/iTunes 12.8.0

When I click play on a music video, I hear the music, but the image on the playbar is just a video still. Doesn't matter whether it's from an Apple Music video playlist, a playlist I created, or a video I've downloaded. There is no "hidden" play window. Miniplayer shows the same video still mentioned above. Tried reinstalling 12.8.0. No help. Tried booting in safe mode. No help.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 11:26 AM

1 reply

Oct 24, 2018 8:49 AM in response to DArchipelago

Hi DArchipelago,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble playing music videos in iTunes. I’m happy to provide some steps that might help. I suggest reviewing the article below:

If you can't stream or watch video content from the iTunes Store or third-party apps - Apple Support

If you’re still having trouble, you may want to try in another user to see if the issue persists:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

These steps should solve the video playback issue or help us to narrow down the cause.

Take care.

ITunes 12.8.0 won't play music videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.