Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is causing my slideshow videos created in iMovie to have sections with high frequency fluttering

What is causing my slideshow videos created in iMovie to have sections with high frequency fluttering when I play the DVD?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 6:29 PM

HI, Rudy,

It is hard to tell why you are getting the fluttering in parts of your slideshow then playing it on a DVD. It could be a dirty DVD player, a defective DVD disc or player, or some problem that occurred in the rendering when you burned the disc.

Try saving the project as a Disc Image and then playing the disc image on your computer to see if the fluttering occurs there as well. If you are using iDVD you would click on File/Save as Disc Image. You could also try reburning the DVD.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2018 6:29 PM in response to Rudy Davis

HI, Rudy,

It is hard to tell why you are getting the fluttering in parts of your slideshow then playing it on a DVD. It could be a dirty DVD player, a defective DVD disc or player, or some problem that occurred in the rendering when you burned the disc.

Try saving the project as a Disc Image and then playing the disc image on your computer to see if the fluttering occurs there as well. If you are using iDVD you would click on File/Save as Disc Image. You could also try reburning the DVD.

-- Rich

What is causing my slideshow videos created in iMovie to have sections with high frequency fluttering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.