Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am experiencing slow response when using Outlook

Please can anyone help with my problem of slow response when using outlook?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 2:18 AM

Hello Eric,

I thought I would update you regarding my problem.

I have now downloaded the new update from Apple 'Mojave' and it appears that my slow response with Outlook has been resolved.

Thank you for all your help.

9 replies

Oct 24, 2018 5:31 PM in response to coolnan

What OS version are you using? Try the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Oct 25, 2018 1:56 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for your reply, I am not sure if I am supposed to download this program first please can you explain? I have tried starting my macbook in Safe mode but after starting it seemed to revert back to normal.

My outlook works fine when I use Chrome instead of Safari and Microsoft have suggested it's Safari that is the problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Oct 25, 2018 8:20 AM in response to Eric Root

I managed to start my laptop while in Safe Mode but it asked for login and then reverted to normal mode. I haven't downloaded the program you gave me a link for though.

I have uninstalled AdBlock Plus that I recently downloaded and my Outlook seems to be a little faster now so not sure if this was causing my problem.

i will try SafeMode once again though.

I am experiencing slow response when using Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.