Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i just upgraded to mojave and can’t sign in

How do I sign in if I don’t use a password.

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 10:37 AM

4 replies

Oct 25, 2018 10:49 AM in response to lindafromzimmerman

You have to have an Administrator username and ID. You may have chosen "Automatic Login" in which case you may have forgotten it. The user name is the name of your Admin Account and the password is something only you know.

This is all assuming you mean the Login Screen at the end of the boot process. If you mean you are getting a acreen with a lock on it, early on then it's a firmware password.

Let us know which it is.

Nov 1, 2018 9:16 AM in response to macjack

No, you don't have to have a password. I don't either and had this same problem after upgrading. A reboot fixes the issue.

When the computer first boots up from the upgrade, it doesn't accept "enter" as a option without typing anything in the password field first. My password and I assume the OP, are blank. If you reboot the computer, it will accept "enter" without any text in the password field and log you in. I'm not sure what the glitch is.

i just upgraded to mojave and can’t sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.