Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Merging Texts...

Apple, you need to fix this NOW!

We have 6 devises with you and as of a few weeks ago, it's merging both my sons and daughters texts together and only sending them to one of them.. My wife and I are beyond frustrated and have actually yelled at my son because I thought he went and fooled around with the settings, only to just now find out that this is a problem on Apples part. I am not a happy Apple customer at the moment!!!!!! 😠

FIX THIS ISSUE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! there is no need for this to have happened!

****** off Dad.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12.0.1, null

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 4:15 PM

marcfrommindemoya wrote:

We have 6 devises with you and as of a few weeks ago, it's merging both my sons and daughters texts together and only sending them to one of them.. My wife and I are beyond frustrated and have actually yelled at my son because I thought he went and fooled around with the settings, only to just now find out that this is a problem on Apples part. I am not a happy Apple customer at the moment!!!!!! 😠

****** off Dad.

It is happening because you guys are sharing the same apple id for imessage, which has streamline now with ios 12.

Make separate apple id for your kids, you can look into family sharing to share music and apps.

P.S. there is no Apple here in these user to user technical forums.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2018 4:15 PM in response to marcfrommindemoya

marcfrommindemoya wrote:

****** off Dad.

It is happening because you guys are sharing the same apple id for imessage, which has streamline now with ios 12.

Make separate apple id for your kids, you can look into family sharing to share music and apps.

P.S. there is no Apple here in these user to user technical forums.

iMessage Merging Texts...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.