Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage is merging peoples messages since ios12

When I text my son Dom it switches when I hit send to my son Mike. The text messages are all merged together. I can’t separate their texts and when they text me I have NO IDEA which one it is. Major problem.

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 6:59 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 3, 2018 7:31 AM in response to Dmc22269

Use family sharing for purchased content sharing. An AppleID is meant to be a single persons unique personal identifier for all Apple services (iCloud, FaceTime, iMessage, the App, iTunes, iBook and Mac stores, these forums,...). They were never intended to be used by a multiple people, and with the increasing number of features using iCloud to sync data and content across devices, sharing an AppleID will simply cause ever more headaches and problems since the data is not separated by user (the system sees one user = the AppleID signed in).

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Oct 3, 2018 7:35 AM in response to Dmc22269

What you should do is get them their own Apple ID’s and then set up Family Sharing. You can all share purchased content. The Family Organizer agrees to pay for all purchases with a debit or credit card. If the children are under age 13 you can set Apple ID’s up for them yourself.

This is not that difficult to do but it takes a little time to get it all set up. Take a look at Eric Root very helpful response here.

Re: ios 12 imessage streamlining

iMessage is merging peoples messages since ios12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.