Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Remove an Icon from Main Menu Bar

Need advise how to remove a 'stubborn' icon from main menu. Normally the drag and drop works for removing icons but not for this though I uninstalled this application completely. When I try to drag and drop it with control key, to desktop or recycle bin, nothing happens and it moves back to menu bar. It is third icon from left in attached picture. I have latest 10.14 version on my MacBook Pro 2017 version

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 4:29 PM

7 replies

Oct 26, 2018 8:01 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks, I know its Malwarebytes and that's where the problem is. As per the link given, I had already uninstalled it and is no more on my Mac now but the icon still shows and can't be drag-dropped

I may need to do something at MacOS level rather than Malwarebytes because as mentioned above, it doesn't exist on my computer now

Oct 26, 2018 10:02 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks for your prompt responses. It is solved now

As I had already uninstalled Malwarebytes program, there was no option to uninstall it again and somehow that M icon was left in menu bar. I opened a ticket for MB support and they sent a downloadable uninstalled, which when run, removed the icon.

Thanks again

Regards

How to Remove an Icon from Main Menu Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.