Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch exercise ring on WatchOS 5 broken

Ever since the upgrade to WatchOS 5 the exercise ring is grossly under counted. Not only does it never count exercise without telling it I am doing a workout, but on moderate workouts I start myself it does not count all the minutes as exercise. It seems like the Apple programmer has set a very high threshold for calling it exercise. I do my cooldown on the treadmill at a 20 minute mile pace and it only counts about 25 minutes of the 30 minute walk. The auto workout detection never works on a walk, and even on a vigorous (for me I am old) eliptical it doesn't ask me to start the workout until 4 minutes into the run. Even then I have to take my hands off the elliptical to tell the watch it really is a workout. Not only is the auto detection worthless but the under counting of exercise minutes is very annoying.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple Watch exercise ring on WatchOS 5 broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.