Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X keyboard issues.

Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone was having issues with their keyboard? Mine keep disappearing on me. The only way to get it back is to restart my device, I have to do this multiple times a day now. Any help will be greatful! Thanks!

iPhone X, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 7:33 AM

If that weird behaviour started just after your latest update, something could have gone wrong during that procedure. You could try to install a fresh copy of iOS on your device.

Make a full backup of your iPX, then restore it to factory settings, and, at the end, set it up as new.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When done, test your iphone for a while, using the keyboard for sms, mail, etc. without restoring data from your backup.

If everything is fine, then restore your data form the previously made backup.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2018 7:33 AM in response to sadiamj868

If that weird behaviour started just after your latest update, something could have gone wrong during that procedure. You could try to install a fresh copy of iOS on your device.

Make a full backup of your iPX, then restore it to factory settings, and, at the end, set it up as new.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When done, test your iphone for a while, using the keyboard for sms, mail, etc. without restoring data from your backup.

If everything is fine, then restore your data form the previously made backup.

Regards

Giulio

iPhone X keyboard issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.