Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband tempo change for vocals

When I change the tempo of my song which already has recorded vocals on it, the vocals have a robotic overtone to it. Is there any way to prevent this when I change my tempo for an already recorded track? Thank you.

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 1:36 PM

If you change the tempo of a vocal track, the formants may be shifted, eve if the pitch stays the same

You can try to compensate this with the Vocal Transformer plug-in. Try to increase the value for the formants.

To add the plugin, open the smart controls for the vocal track, open the Plug-ins brick and click an empty space to add a plug-in.

User uploaded file

Then adjust the formants, and try, if you can make the track make sound more natural.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2018 1:36 PM in response to quintesson77

If you change the tempo of a vocal track, the formants may be shifted, eve if the pitch stays the same

You can try to compensate this with the Vocal Transformer plug-in. Try to increase the value for the formants.

To add the plugin, open the smart controls for the vocal track, open the Plug-ins brick and click an empty space to add a plug-in.

User uploaded file

Then adjust the formants, and try, if you can make the track make sound more natural.

User uploaded file

Garageband tempo change for vocals

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.