Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage isn’t working?

So since two days ago my phone started acting up. I can’t send iMessages unless I’m connected to WiFi and it won’t let me use my cellular data. my phone bill isn’t due yet so that’s not it. But I still can’t use my phone without WiFi. i can only text people without an iphone. And even the. Pictures dont send.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 7:04 PM

It sounds like you have a cellular data issue. Can you make a phone call? iMessage requires data, either cellular or wi-fi. If you are experiencing an issue with cellular data, I suggest that you contact your carrier and see if there is a problem with your account. You also describe an MMS issue, which also uses cellular data if you are sending to non-iOS devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2018 7:04 PM in response to alexisharrell00

It sounds like you have a cellular data issue. Can you make a phone call? iMessage requires data, either cellular or wi-fi. If you are experiencing an issue with cellular data, I suggest that you contact your carrier and see if there is a problem with your account. You also describe an MMS issue, which also uses cellular data if you are sending to non-iOS devices.

iMessage isn’t working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.