Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac freeze in sleep mode under mojave

I have just upgraded to Mojave. When my Mac goes into "sleep" mode, it seems to freeze (I can't wake it up) and must turn off the machine and turn it back on. Any thought?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2, iTunes interrupts books on Audible

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 6:28 AM

Hi Lucy de Boxer,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the Mac mini is not waking from sleep when expected. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue. ​

If your Mac doesn't wake when you expect

Your Mac might pause a few seconds before it wakes up. If it doesn't seem to wake at all, check for these possibilities:

• Your screen brightness might be turned down.
  • If you're using an external display, your display might be turned off.
  • Your Mac might be in safe sleep. To wake from safe sleep, press the power button.
  • Check for a sleep indicator light, if applicable, and make sure that your Mac isn't turned off.

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2018 6:28 AM in response to Lucy de Boxer

Hi Lucy de Boxer,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the Mac mini is not waking from sleep when expected. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue. ​

If your Mac doesn't wake when you expect

Your Mac might pause a few seconds before it wakes up. If it doesn't seem to wake at all, check for these possibilities:

• Your screen brightness might be turned down.
  • If you're using an external display, your display might be turned off.
  • Your Mac might be in safe sleep. To wake from safe sleep, press the power button.
  • Check for a sleep indicator light, if applicable, and make sure that your Mac isn't turned off.

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected

Cheers.

mac freeze in sleep mode under mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.