Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed watch-4 upgrade from WatchOS5.01 to 5.1 - Persistent apple logo on watch face

ProductWATCH SERIES 4(CELL), DARK SS,44MM-USA Hardware

Software running 5.01

Using iPhone-X upgraded to iOS 12.1 earlier today

In watch app, clicked General > Software Update > then initiated update to version 5.1

the process seemed to start in that a white apple logo appeared on watch face - however, it did NOT disappear -- for hours.

Attempts to reset the watch (crown and side button presses) caused white apple logo to disappear and in a second or two to reappear - but no further change over more than an hour.

Apple Tech Support had me unpair the watch from the iphone - that failed

They've asked me to send my watch4 in for repair.

Anyone else having this problem with the upgrade of watch4 from 5.01 to 5.1?

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 6:18 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 30, 2018 6:51 PM in response to Bob0001

Same problem here and I'm steaming about it. Earliest appointment at the Genius bar is 3 days away, or 5-7+ days for "express repair"

I was told to "leave it at the logo startup screen to load" which maybe could take overnight (which I highly doubt).

This is beyond unacceptable, for the price paid for the Series 4 watch +PLUS+ the added cost for Apple(doesn't seem to)Care.

Watches are a daily wear item, and to have to go through this because of a failed software upgrade has really taken the shine off my otherwise stellar Apple experience (which has included 7 iphones, 4 ipads, 3 watches for me, double that for my family, so lots of thousands of $$s).

Oct 30, 2018 9:36 PM in response to dutch726

I've been on chat and phone calls tonight ... they want to replace (5-7 days) but I'm traveling Monday so this has to be done faster. They pulled the update from their website and the last advisor I chatted with said this is a known issue and they are working on getting it resolved for me faster. What a flustercuck. If I leave on my trip without a replacement watch, I'll come home with a new one and it won't be an Apple Watch... and that will be the start of my migration away from iPhone and iPad as well. This is just enraging.

Failed watch-4 upgrade from WatchOS5.01 to 5.1 - Persistent apple logo on watch face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.