Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for Font Book Download

I started working at a new company. The person I replaced deleted Font Book, Apple's type management program, from my workstation and installed a very old version of Linotype FontExplorer which is buggy. I would like to reinstall Font Book back onto my system, but can't find it anywhere to download.

Paul

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 12:47 PM

Font Book is installed by the operating system and is not available as a standalone download. If you have a Time Machine backup, you can search back in time to locate Font Book in the Applications folder. Failing that, you can do the following which will replace Font Book — provided that you have an adminstrator account:

1.  menu : About This Mac

What is the full version number (e.g. 10.10.5) shown?

2. Perform a Time Machine backup of your Mac.
  3. On the Apple Downloads site, search (e.g. macOS 10.10.5 combo) for the combo update that matches your specific version number and country from item 1.1 above. Note: These are not full installers.
  4. Download and install the specific combo update for your installed version.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2018 12:47 PM in response to petrivilino

Font Book is installed by the operating system and is not available as a standalone download. If you have a Time Machine backup, you can search back in time to locate Font Book in the Applications folder. Failing that, you can do the following which will replace Font Book — provided that you have an adminstrator account:

1.  menu : About This Mac

What is the full version number (e.g. 10.10.5) shown?

2. Perform a Time Machine backup of your Mac.
  3. On the Apple Downloads site, search (e.g. macOS 10.10.5 combo) for the combo update that matches your specific version number and country from item 1.1 above. Note: These are not full installers.
  4. Download and install the specific combo update for your installed version.

Looking for Font Book Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.