Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari showing pop-up with Instagram searches

When I search for a user on Instagram (through my iPhone 7), as soon as I open that user's profile (on Instagram), I get a pop-up notification in Safari. Pls see left image below.

User uploaded file

Then if I click on this icon/notification (on the left), that Instagram profile opens up in Safari.

Note: I'm not logged in to Instagram in Safari and I've checked Safari's notifications (Safari> Preferences> Websites> Notifications) and Instagram is not added in there.

How do I stop Safari from showing these notifications? Thanks!

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2018 7:47 AM

It's a handoff notification. You must have at some point enabled handoff between your device/computer

See here: The first image in the link shows the notification.

macOS Sierra: Pick up where you left off with Handoff

Turn Handoff on or off

• On your Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click General, then select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices” (below “Recent items”). To turn it off, deselect the option.
  • On iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > General > Handoff, then tap to turn on Handoff. To turn it off, tap the option.
  • On Apple Watch: Open the Watch app on iPhone, go to My Watch > General, then tap to turn on Enable Handoff. To turn it off, tap the option.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2018 7:47 AM in response to joerasta

It's a handoff notification. You must have at some point enabled handoff between your device/computer

See here: The first image in the link shows the notification.

macOS Sierra: Pick up where you left off with Handoff

Turn Handoff on or off

• On your Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click General, then select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices” (below “Recent items”). To turn it off, deselect the option.
  • On iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > General > Handoff, then tap to turn on Handoff. To turn it off, tap the option.
  • On Apple Watch: Open the Watch app on iPhone, go to My Watch > General, then tap to turn on Enable Handoff. To turn it off, tap the option.

Safari showing pop-up with Instagram searches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.