Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2016 MacBook (12-inch) Randomly Freezes

I have a 2016 12-inch MacBook (latest Mojave build) that randomly freezes upon waking from sleep. For example, after I open the lid and log in with my Apple Watch, I move the trackpad for a couple to a few seconds, then it becomes completely unresponsive. The only way to resolve this issue is to close the lid, wait a second, then resume usage. After this "fix," this freezing issue is not experienced again in the session.

I'm not sure if this is something relating to how the device wakes from sleep, a software glitch that can be reset, or hardware related. Note - I had a similar issue earlier this year where the device ultimately became unresponsive (closing and reopening the lid would not resolve this), and Apple advised me to ship to their repair center, which I did. The whole top keyboard assembly and logic board was replaced for a hefty price, but luckily, the repair qualified for the butterfly keyboard replacement program, so it only costed me time.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016), macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 1, 2018 7:34 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

2016 MacBook (12-inch) Randomly Freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.