Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes could not connect to the iphone "iphone (6)" because an error occurred while reading from the device

How do I fix this?

itunes could not connect to the iphone "iphone (6)" because an error occurred while reading from the device

iPhone 6, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 7:41 PM

First off, I'd try restarting both the computer and the iPhone.

To restart your device, press and hold the side button, then slide the slider. Once the device has powered off, hold the side button again for a moment until you see the Apple logo.

(reference: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201559)

If you've done that and are still having issues, I'd recommend making sure iTunes is up to date. On Mac, choose the Apple () menu and select App Store, then click the Updates pane. On Windows, choose Help > Check for Updates in iTunes.

(Note that iTunes after 12.6 can't sync apps to iOS devices. If don't know what this means, it's not important and you can pretend I didn't say it.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2018 7:41 PM in response to manc200

First off, I'd try restarting both the computer and the iPhone.

To restart your device, press and hold the side button, then slide the slider. Once the device has powered off, hold the side button again for a moment until you see the Apple logo.

(reference: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201559)

If you've done that and are still having issues, I'd recommend making sure iTunes is up to date. On Mac, choose the Apple () menu and select App Store, then click the Updates pane. On Windows, choose Help > Check for Updates in iTunes.

(Note that iTunes after 12.6 can't sync apps to iOS devices. If don't know what this means, it's not important and you can pretend I didn't say it.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.