Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app won’t let me sign in

I use Gmail for emails, but I decided to get Apple’s Mail app as well, so I could get emails for my ICloud email. When I try to sign in, it says that the account is already added to my phone. How do I fix this?

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2018 3:49 PM

Greetings BaronKube,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to add your iCloud Mail account to your iPhone, as you're receiving an alert that the account is already added on your iPhone.

The following guide provides helpful information for setting up iCloud Mail on your iPhone: iCloud: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices

Specifically, let's have you enable the Mail option through the iCloud Settings:

Set up iCloud Mail on your iOS device

Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud (or Settings > iCloud), then turn on Mail.

After you turn on iCloud Mail, the account will automatically appear within the Mail app on your iPhone.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2018 3:49 PM in response to BaronKube

Greetings BaronKube,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to add your iCloud Mail account to your iPhone, as you're receiving an alert that the account is already added on your iPhone.

The following guide provides helpful information for setting up iCloud Mail on your iPhone: iCloud: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices

Specifically, let's have you enable the Mail option through the iCloud Settings:

Set up iCloud Mail on your iOS device

Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud (or Settings > iCloud), then turn on Mail.

After you turn on iCloud Mail, the account will automatically appear within the Mail app on your iPhone.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

Mail app won’t let me sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.