Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I only mirror and not airplay from ipad

Using my iPad3, I was able to stream browser content from youtube directly to Apple TV (3rd Generation). I purchased a new iPad 9.7" this year and can no longer use airplay to stream. The only option I have is Screen Mirroring, not Airplay as on my ipad 3. Mirroring works, but it's very annoying and not professional at all when doing presentations. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm also not able to airplay content from my macbook pro, only mirror the entire screen. This is very sloppy when doing presentations.

Suggestions appreciated.

iPad 9.7 2018 Version

apple TV 3rd Generation

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 5:09 PM

Basic airplay is still available. Bring up control centre and where the playback controls are you will see a sound wave icon in the top right, which will then allow you to select the Apple TV.

User uploaded file

For the Mac, outside of iTunes and select content in Safari you need to mirror. If you were using Youtube, for example, you would see the airplay icon on the far right of the player controls.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2018 5:09 PM in response to Bucklebuddy

Basic airplay is still available. Bring up control centre and where the playback controls are you will see a sound wave icon in the top right, which will then allow you to select the Apple TV.

User uploaded file

For the Mac, outside of iTunes and select content in Safari you need to mirror. If you were using Youtube, for example, you would see the airplay icon on the far right of the player controls.

User uploaded file

Why can I only mirror and not airplay from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.