Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The airplay icon doesn't show up on my iPad except in one of the internet addresses. This means that only the content of this internet address can I mirror on my TV screen. How to get the icon for all other addresses?

Hello! The airplay icon doesn't show up on my iPad except in one of the internet addresses (cnews). This means that only the content of this internet address can I mirror on my TV screen. How to get the icon for all other addresses?

I have a workaround, but it is too cumbersome: I connect my Apple TV using the airplay icon seen on cnews and then I switch to other internet channels. I would like to connect these other channels directly to Apple TV. How to do that: there is no icon showing up on these channels and I cannot get neither the Control Center panel by swiping up from the bottom of my screen on my iPad (this method works fine on my iPhone). Note that I have a brand new iPad which I have purchased just a couple of months before. Thanks, Elemer

Posted on Nov 23, 2018 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2018 2:24 PM

The new way of getting to Control Center on iPad with iOS 12, is to swipe down from the top right corner (just like with iPhone X). Then you can activate AirPlay Screen Mirroring there.
Use and customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

The airplay icon doesn't show up on my iPad except in one of the internet addresses. This means that only the content of this internet address can I mirror on my TV screen. How to get the icon for all other addresses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.