Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Safari Password Suggestion?

SOOOO sick of Safari always recommending a password for me.

THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO DISABLE THIS!!

How!!?!?!

Thank you!!

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 5, 2018 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2018 7:36 PM

Kappy, "ignore it and enter your own password" is not an option when you are using your own third-party password manager. When I'm trying to use 1Password (or Last Pass), and I'm trying to fill the password of my choosing, Safari butts in with it's suggestion and stops the process. It's clumsy, oafish, and presumptuous. I don't mind having Safari store my passwords in Keychain, and in fact, I want it to do so.

But I don't want Safari to make password suggestions, and it would be nice to be able to suppress this feature.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2018 7:36 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy, "ignore it and enter your own password" is not an option when you are using your own third-party password manager. When I'm trying to use 1Password (or Last Pass), and I'm trying to fill the password of my choosing, Safari butts in with it's suggestion and stops the process. It's clumsy, oafish, and presumptuous. I don't mind having Safari store my passwords in Keychain, and in fact, I want it to do so.

But I don't want Safari to make password suggestions, and it would be nice to be able to suppress this feature.

Disable Safari Password Suggestion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.