Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Qi Charger not working since IOS 12.1 Update

I updated IOS yesterday to 12.1 on my Iphone 7 and now my Qi Charger is no longer working. It works on the phones that haven't been updated. Anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 7, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 6, 2018 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 7:13 AM

The iPhone 7 has never accepted a Qi charger. You need an iPhone 8 or later to accept wireless charging.

How to wirelessly charge your iPhone 8 or later - Apple Support

9 replies

Nov 7, 2018 7:13 AM in response to jfromknox

Hardware fails at unpredictable times.

So it sounds like your scenario is something like this:

• Your wireless Qi charger was working fine. Yesterday, it started to fail.
  • Yesterday, you happened to update your iPhone 7 (which you know does not use the Qi charger) to iOS 12.1.

These events must be unrelated.

Perhaps something else happened yesterday for the first time - perhaps a bulb blew out in your living room for example, That would also be unrelated to the Qi charger's failure.

Nov 7, 2018 7:16 AM in response to jfromknox

Thank you for that additional information. I used that information to do a search of their devices. When I look at their specifications, etc., I do not see where they are MFi certified devices. Since this device failed when you updated to iOS 12, I suggest you contact their support to see what they have to say. It could very well be that since they do not advertise as MFi certified, the devices will not work with the latest iOS, but they should be able to answer that question for you. Good luck.

Qi Charger not working since IOS 12.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.