Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to batch capture timecoded footage into FCP7

I have a very unique issue going on here. I have a Sony HVR-M35U DV tape deck, a Kona LHi card in an Akitio Thunder2 PCI expansion Box and a 2012 iMac. Years ago I had a Mac Pro tower housing the LHi card which i later sold. Back then I was able to batch capture timecoded footage from my Sony tape deck and upconvert via the Kona LHi straight into Final Cut Pro 7.

I recently lost a lot of that footage and need to batch capture and upconvert again. Only I now I just have my iMac.

My problem is that FCP7 can't see my Sony tape deck. An AJA rep told me that I could now only crash capture the footage, just press the record button. Is there no way to batch capture the timecoded footage from the tape deck into FCP7? Is there really no solution, no work around?

Isn't timecode footage able to travel through an SDI cable? My setup is as follows. I have an SDI cable running from my Sony M35u tape deck into the J4 sdi port of my Kona LHI card and a thunderbolt cable running from the Kona card to my imac. What am I missing?

Posted on Nov 6, 2018 10:30 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Unable to batch capture timecoded footage into FCP7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.