Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOs mojave installation failed

At first, the macOS mojave would not download on my macbook air OS X El capitan, version 10.11.6. after some weeks of trying repeatedly, it downloaded, but each time i click continue when trying to install, it gives this error message: "Downloading installer information to the target volume failed". I have tried repeatedly with same result.

Why is this happening? and what can i do to fix it? i need to update my iTunes in order to connect it with my phone.

pls HELP! thanks.

Posted on Nov 6, 2018 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 6:11 PM

Hi there, tea kraezr!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with updating to Mojave and I’m happy to help out! I recommend starting by taking a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue.
Let me know the results and take care!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2018 6:11 PM in response to tea kraezr

Hi there, tea kraezr!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with updating to Mojave and I’m happy to help out! I recommend starting by taking a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue.
Let me know the results and take care!

macOs mojave installation failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.