Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone asks to sign into my iCloud

Hello.

I constantly get a pop up message on my iPhone 7 asking me to sign into my iCloud e-mail. Only that the e-mail after .com ends with another dot: @icloud.com. (see screen shots). It did happen before as well but then out stopped and now it's bugging me again. It almost sounds like I have an account on my phone that needs to be updated with password but I cannot figure out what account. I looked through my account ts in settings and it all looks good. What could be the problem?

Thank you for any help I can get!

Cheers, Mike

[Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 3:14 AM

8 replies

Nov 8, 2018 9:03 AM in response to MikeAfrica

Hi MikeAfrica,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see you're being prompted to enter an iCloud password.

It looks like the dot you mentioned may be intended as a period rather than a dot added to the end of the email address; to clarify, if you enter the password as prompted, what happens?

Have you changed your password recently?

You might also double-check that you have the correct login credentials for your account by trying to log in to the iCloud.com website.

Have you ever used another Apple ID for this device? If you think you might have but you're not sure what it was, this link may help If you forgot your Apple ID .

I hope the information I've provided helps.

Take care.

Nov 15, 2018 5:31 AM in response to MikeAfrica

Hi MikeAfrica,

Thank you for the follow-up. If you've narrowed this down a specific app, some of the steps from the article titled If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open may be of use:

Restart your device

Restart your iOS device, Apple Watch, or Apple TV. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

Check for updates

Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS, watchOS, or tvOS.

Then check for app updates. For iOS and Apple Watch apps, go to the App Store on your iOS device, then tap Updates. If an update is available, tap Update. If asked, enter your Apple ID and password. You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps on your iOS device.

Delete and reinstall the app

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Delete the app, then redownload it from the App Store.

Take care.

Nov 8, 2018 10:36 PM in response to i_rina

Hi and thank you for your support! My phone was prompting me to do the same some time ago and then it stopped. Suddenly a few days ago it started again. Yesterday I restarted my iPhone and since then I haven't been prompted again. Previously when it happened I tried to enter my password but it would still keep asking the same. I did change my password but it was a couple of months ago and since then I logged into all my services, iTunes, iCloud, e-mail accounts etc.

I will keep monitoring this issue and get back to you if it will start prompting me again.

Thank you!

Nov 14, 2018 1:27 AM in response to raina_b22

Hi again. I think I identified the app that causes this. I have a VPN app called NordVPN and when I start the app the phone prompts me credentials with the dot at the end, even though I'm already logged into my account for that app. When I restart my phone it stops doing that. I contacted NordVPN with the issue but they couldn't help me. It almost feels like I have to stop using their service as this issue is bugging me a lot. Any more ideas?

Thank you! Mike

iPhone asks to sign into my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.