Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snap Chat Restriction Not Working

I put Screen time restrictions on my child's phone. She cannot use any apps past 8pm. However, when I took her phone away one night, I noticed SnapChat and Tik Tok apps were still accessible after 8pm. Did she find away around my restrictions? All the other apps were restricted as they should be except those two. 😕

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 8:02 AM

There are two ways that kids are getting around downtime restrictions. The most likely is to change the time that is outside of the downtime. If there is a time limit on how much time they can use a particular app they can delete the app and re-download it which resets the time. If there are still problems after checking those things, contact Apple Support to let them know.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2018 8:02 AM in response to skerrestes

There are two ways that kids are getting around downtime restrictions. The most likely is to change the time that is outside of the downtime. If there is a time limit on how much time they can use a particular app they can delete the app and re-download it which resets the time. If there are still problems after checking those things, contact Apple Support to let them know.

Snap Chat Restriction Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.