Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error - Finder 10.14 (v1143)

Since Mojave have this msg at startup and often Finder crashes:

Error

Finder 10.14 (v1143) has not been tested with the plugin SynoMacContextMenu 1.0 (v1). As a precaution, it has not been loaded. Please contact the plugin developer for further information.

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 12:12 PM

Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and run for a while to see if the Finder crashes or not. The boot time will be longer as it runs some first aid on the drive during boot.

Download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

User uploaded file

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2018 12:12 PM in response to Yutah

Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and run for a while to see if the Finder crashes or not. The boot time will be longer as it runs some first aid on the drive during boot.

Download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

User uploaded file

Jan 6, 2019 12:53 AM in response to Yutah

Go to Library/Application Support/Synology and delete the SynoMacContextMenu.bundle file.

In console type: killall Finder (or simply reboot)

On my Mac the file was in the system library at the top of the hard drive (Finder>Go>Go to Folder... /Library/") it might also be in the user library (Finder>Go>Go to Folder... ~/Library/")

Source: https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=68858

Nov 24, 2018 9:57 AM in response to Kkanuck

There is something wrong with the recommendation here. Until cleared, I suggest do NOT load EtreCheck.
Since Nov 7th (2 weeks passed),

• No one submitted an EtreCheck report
  • There is no solution
  • Loading Etrecheck has few issues (regardless of this one, above two are suspicious)

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Many Thanks,

Jan 17, 2019 3:21 AM in response to Walterminus

Hi,

I installed Synology Drive Version 1.1.3-10570 yesterday and it imported the sync settings/profile from Cloud Station Drive and removed it as far as I can tell. From my experience I don't think it has anything to do with backup tool as I don't have that installed.

You many need to completely remove Cloud Station Drive then install Synology Drive, however I am not sure if your sync profile will be imported from Cloud Station Server when you authenticate. Good luck!

Error - Finder 10.14 (v1143)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.