Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix Not Working Lately on Apple TV 4K

We bought an Apple TV 4K a few months ago as an upgrade from the previous Apple TV. Over the past two to three weeks, the Netflix App has performed terribly. It's very buggy- for example, the video will stop and I will get a message saying there is an error and asks if I want to try again. It has trouble logging me in at times and and other times it simply times out and won't load. If I restart the Apple TV it will work well for about a day or two and then it starts up again, until I restart again. Nothing has changed in my setup (I am plugged in- not using wifi for the 4K) recently and this does not occur with any other apps. The ONLY correlation is that the bugginess started shortly after I upgraded my Hulu subscription to include live TV. Also, we have our older Apple TV connected (over wifi) on another set and have had no problems with it, even after watching the Hulu app. I have a 64G and only about 15 apps installed and I am nowhere near the 64G limit (not even a quarter of that).

As a final thought, when the issue first started I did a "reset", including deleting the app and reinstalling. However, that had the same success as a restart does (works fine for a day or two then starts getting buggy) and yes I am running the newest iOS. Am I doomed to a life of restarting the Apple TV a few times a week if I want to watch Netflix?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 3:31 PM

5 replies

Nov 9, 2018 12:36 AM in response to wrgeary

Restarting the device can keep the apps open/in their current state. Instead of restarting the device, I would suggest to only quit the misbehaving app. Go to the App Switcher (double-tap TV/Home), swipe horizontally to select the app, then swipe up to force-quit the selected app. Then launch the app again to see if it behaves better now.

Netflix Not Working Lately on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.